First General Meeting 12pm-1pm SEC 103
Backup First General Meeting 7pm-8pm SEC 105
SEG Wavelets Fall Meet and Greet 12pm SR1 Patio
AAPG/SEG Mock Interview and Prep for AAPG Student Expo 2pm-5pm Rm TBD
2014-2015 Energy Symposium Series 11am-1pm Rockwell Pavilion (Library)
Welcome to GeoSociety!
First Meeting Wednesday Sept. 3rd 12-1pm Rm SEC 103
Free food and giveaways!
JOIN! (It gets you into the tailgate and eligible for the winter trip! Old members, you must renew each year.)
NEW STUDENTS - Check out our Brochure/Geo-undergrad Survival Guide
- EOG Info session Wednesday Sept 3rd 11:30am SR1 Rm 634 (Geophysics internship for masters/PhD)
- ExxonMobil application information
- "Seriously Amazing Internships at the Smithsonian" Tuesday Sept 9th 10:15am-11am SR1 Rm 634
- Student activities at GCAGS Saturday October 4th in Lafayette, LA
- AAPG Student Expo Registration Deadling is August 29th. BP will not be recruiting on campus, only at the expo.
- Hand Lenses and Grain Size Cards now for sale
- Pictures from this summer's field camp posted to the gallery
- Oil and Gas Industry Primer, Resume help and more added to Resources
- Schlumberger Field Specialist Position (open to grads with bachelors degrees)
- Information about Hess positions as a Foundation Geologist or Geophysicist (2015, MS or PhD)
- Graduate Students: researching mudrocks with a focus on oil and gas? Enter your poster in Houston Geological Society's annual Applied Geoscience Mudrocks Conference. Only 18 spots reserved for students and admission is free. Poster title due 10/1/2014.
- Did you use the FieldMove Clino app for field camp or Big Bend? Check out this contest
- We need your help teaching 5th graders about Geoscience! Click here for more information. (Fall 2014 dates TBD)
- New Undergraduate Honors Thesis Guide added to Resources
- Information about Hess Geoscience internship 2015
- Information for Graduates interested in 2015 internships and full time jobs at Shell